DeLorme inReach Explorer
DeLorme inReach Explorer
Introducing DeLorme inReach Explorer
The world's only truly global satellite communicator now has built-in navigation with waypoints and routing.
DeLorme inReach Explorer
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
Now accepting pre-orders for mid-May shipment
We have plans for you:
Annual & Freedom
Annual 12-month contracts with lower monthly fees or freedom plans, which require only a 30-day commitment.
An active satellite subscription is required to use inReach, and we offer two categories of plans:
Our freedom plans allow you to pay for satellite airtime service when you need it on a rolling monthly basis. You can change plans, up or down, or suspend your service at no charge.
- Ideal for seasonal or occasional use.
- Move up or down a plan for free.
- Suspend your service when you don’t need it.
- Keep all your account data, tracks and details when suspended.
- Minimum 30-day commitment.
- Annual freedom program fee of $24.95.
Our annual plans offer lower monthly fees and are ideal for people who either plan on using their inReach all year long, or who want the peace of mind of having a continuously active SOS device.
- Ideal for year-round use and peace of mind.
- 12-month contract.
- Lower monthly fees.
- Move up a plan at any time for free.
- Initial account activation fee of $19.95.
- Move down a plan at any time for $24.95.
Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Includes an odometer and displays useful trip statistics while in the field, such as trip time, max speed, moving average, trip distance
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone two-way messaging
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Waterproof/dustproof (IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing
Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
100% global coverage via the Iridium satellite network, which is the world's furthest-reaching satellite communications network.
Maintains a satellite signal lock even in difficult GPS environments and embeds precise location coordinates in sent messages.
Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire with bluetooth (smartphones and tablets)
A contract-free (minimum 30-day commitment) or annual satellite subscription plan is required for use; plans start at $11.95 per month.
We have plans for you: Annual & Freedom
|Safety Plan||Recreation Plan||Expedition Plan||Extreme Plan|
|Tracking Intervals||10 minutes+||10 minutes+||10 minutes+||2 minutes+|
|Tracking Points||$0.10 ea.||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Location Pings||$0.10 ea.||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|NEW Freedom Plan||$14.95||$34.95||$64.95||$99.95|
Text Messages - any that you send and receive using an inReach SE or via Earthmate on a companion device.
Preset Messages - short, commonly-used messages that are set up in your Explore account and pre-loaded to your inReach ahead of time.
Location Pings - when you provide a link to your MapShare page for others to view your location, they can also proactively "ping" your inReach to see your location between routine tracking intervals. This provides peace of mind to anyone wanting to get a location update from your inReach device without waiting on the next tracking update.
NOTE: These plans are for individual consumers in the U.S. and EU only.
Good to Know: Annual Plan
- When active, your subscription enables use of the explore.delorme.com and Iridium network communications and remote tracking anywhere in the world. It also includes the GEOS emergency monitoring service
- An initial 12-month term commitment applies to all plans
- There is an initial activation fee of $19.95 charged at the time the service is activated; activation fees do not recur monthly
- Messaging/tracking usage charges are billed monthly. Text messaging fees apply to incoming and outgoing messages. Overage fees apply to usage that exceeds the text or tracking messages included in the plan, as outlined
- Invoices are in electronic format only
Monthly service fees for all monthly-billed plans are billed 1 month in advance. Monthly-billed plans automatically renew month to month at the end of the initial 12-month term commitment, unless cancelled Monthly plans that are terminated prior to the end of the initial 12-month term commitment will be billed the equivalent of the service fees remaining in the term.
You can switch plans at any time
There is no administration fee to switch between plans of the same or greater value; there is a $24.95 fee to downgrade your plans.
Good to Know: Freedom Plan
Billing occurs monthly with all plans. These subscription plans are exclusively for U.S. and E.U. based activations by individual consumers and small businesses activating less than 10 inReach devices.
Overages are charged for any text message, tracking points, and location pings that exceed what the user’s plan allows.
Freedom plans require a minimum 30-day commitment and you can move freely up and down a plan at no charge. When going up a plan, a minimum of a 30-day commitment to the new plan is required.
You can suspend your service on a monthly basis at no charge and still retain access to all your inReach data stored on the Explore portal. Your selected plan will auto-renew each month unless you make a change on your account in the Explore portal. There is an annual program fee of $24.95 to enroll in a Freedom plan.
Good to Know: Enterprise Plans
For our Enterprise/Professional Customers DeLorme has created a set of tailorable subscription plans that align with various enterprise concepts of operations (CONOPs). These configurable plans allow our Enterprise Customers to develop the right plan for the right mission at the right price.
- Professional Back Office for managing Enterprise accounts
- Configurable Features & Capabilities
For additional information contact contact delorme.com for a quote and plan options.